The shamrock is an asset that honors Notre Dame’s Irish heritage. It should be used as an accent to add visual interest but should never be used as a sole identifier for Notre Dame athletics.
The shamrock on the right has been standardized referencing historical versions of the shamrock.
- The shamrock should not be altered in any way.
- Always use the official electronic artwork provided by Fighting Irish Media and Notre Dame licensing.
- The standard orientation of the shamrock should remain the same. It should always keep the tilt that is displayed to the right and should not be flipped backward.
- The registration mark should be included for all merchandise and apparel but may be omitted for general use.
- Do not use the shamrock as the main mark for center court/field experiences. Use the Notre Dame monogram as the main mark and use the shamrock as a smaller, supporting and decorative element.
Background Color Variations
The preferred color for presentation of the shamrock is green. Other approved color variations are indicated.
The shamrock is a simplified visual asset that can be reproduced at a smaller size than the leprechaun. Adhere to the following size guidelines.
The shamrock should not be scaled smaller than .5 inches in height. Use good judgment when designing and executing across di erent mediums and substrates. If legibility becomes an issue, increase the size to ensure the integrity of the visual asset.
The shamrock should not be scaled smaller than 35 pixels in height. Use good judgment and scale appropriately to make sure the integrity of the visual asset stays intact.
The clear space is the protected area around the visual asset that must be maintained to ensure no other graphic elements interfere with its clarity and integrity. It is also the minimum space the visual asset may be placed from any corner of an artboard in which it is placed. Respect the developed boundaries and maintain appropriate separation.
The defined clear space is “X” units. The “X” unit correlates directly 1/6th the height of the shamrock.
Don'ts: Unacceptable Logo Techniques
It is important to ensure that the integrity of the shamrock continues to stay intact. Do not use any of the below design techniques.
Do not use as a masking element
Do not combine with other shapes
Do not add elements on top
Do not alter the colors
Do not add gradients
Do not add monogram
Do not flip the mark
Do not place on a patterned background
The assets featured in this section are to be used solely by the University of Notre Dame Athletics Department. They are not intended to be used in academic or administrative communications.
In the rare instance that an Athletics asset could be considered for use by an academic or administrative entity, that entity must first request use of the branding element(s) by contacting Fighting Irish Media.